Terms of Service
Acceptable Use Policy
Scope and enforcement
This acceptable use policy ("AUP") is an integral part of the Contract between Astrec Data and the Customer. AUP applies to all Services provided by Astrec Data. Violation of AUP may result in suspension or termination of your Service Account.
Customer's Legal Compliance
The Customer is responsible for all of its activity in connection with the Services and the activity of any sub-user that uses Customer’s Service Account. The Customer is responsible for complying applicable laws and regulations while using the Services.
Abusive or Illegal Usage
The Customer is not entitled to use the Services for purposes which Astrec Data deems to be illegal, offensive, abusive or promote and foster such irresponsible behaviour as well as actions contrary to accepted Internet norms or behaviour that threatens Astrec Data’s infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to:
- Storage or transfer of illegal material, including material which it is illegal to transmit over a public telecommunications network; Involvement in fraudulent activities;
- Use of the Services in connection with fraudulent activities
- Unauthorised access to systems, networks and data including attempts to identify vulnerabilities in systems and networks without the express permission of the system or network owner;
- Storage or transfer of, or linking to, content that violates trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other intellectual property rights, or contributes to the said violations;
- Storage or transfer of, or linking to, content that is harassing or excessively violent, inciting to hate or violence, or threatening with violence:
- Use of an Internet account or computing without the owners’ authorisation;
- Monitoring of data and network traffic without the owners’ authorisation;
- Collection of user information (including financial information) and email addresses without the consent of the person identified;
- Interference with service to other users of computer systems or networks, including denial of service attacks;
- Publishing of websites or other material which are advertised by techniques (including but not limited to spam) which we would classify as abusive if they were carried out by Astrec Data;
- Use of Astrec Data services to distribute software that covertly transmits user information and advertising delivery software (unless said software includes user consent and easy removal using standard established methods); and
- Any other misuse of our or other computer systems.
Threat to Infrastructure
Astrec Data prohibits all uses of Services which to threaten Astrec Data’s infrastructure. The Customer may not use the Services in any way that causes security risks to the Service or interferes with the operation of the Services. This includes but is not limited to:
- Usage which imposes excessive load beyond that expected from a typical server;
- Virtual server configurations with inadequate security, allowing unauthorised third-party access; and
- Attempts to circumvent Astrec Data’ mechanisms for controlling, monitoring or billing usage.
If the Customer wishes to use the Services for sending of bulk e-mail or other mass communications, the Customer must first receive Astrec Data's written consent. The Customer must comply with all laws regarding the sending of commercial electronic messages or other marketing or electronic communications.